Welcome to PEPS. Create your Village.
Since 1983, the(PEPS), a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization has helped parents connect and grow as they begin their journey into parenthood. PEPS parent support programs educate, inform and .
We’ve become a vital resource for new mothers and new fathers in the Puget Sound region, with parent groups serving thousands of families annually. Each session of 12 weekly PEPS meetings brings parents together to share the joys and challenges of parenthood and develop confidence in their own abilities. PEPS stands apart from other new moms groups or dad groups by providing ongoing neighborhood-based resources and peer education, facilitated by trained volunteers. During one of the most vulnerable periods for new parents, PEPS provides immediate and accessible support, creating “extended families” that often last a lifetime.
Enable parents of infants and young children to build communities that empower them to meet the challenges of parenting through mutual support and sharing of information.
Create communities in which:
- No new parent feels isolated, ill-equipped, or unsupported.
- All parents develop the confidence to build strong, healthy families.
- All children grow up in a social environment that allows them to thrive.
A Community Connecting Parents
Over and over again, parents tell us “PEPS saved my life!” and “I wouldn’t have made it without my PEPS Group.” PEPS is a universal parent support program, which means we help new parents anticipate challenges and proactively provide support and information to equip them with a strong foundation of parenting skills. At the conclusion of their groups, PEPS parents say they feel more connected, confident, competent, knowledgeable and supported.
The Power of Peer Support
PEPS has become well-known for parent support groups in Seattle, the Eastside and Snohomish County that help new parents gain confidence and competence in their parenting skills. Our unique combination of practical information and non-judgmental support has been successful for over 30 years. In particular PEPS has been praised for:
- Peer Facilitators. Trained volunteer leaders foster a comfortable, informative atmosphere that encourages peer interaction and builds trust among new friends.
- Supporting Family Wellness. PEPS is focused on family wellness and implements its programs based on the Strengthening Families™ approach.
- Reducing isolation. Meeting in each other’s homes creates a network of neighborhood-based parenting resources, building new friendships and reducing isolation.
- Proactive problem solving. PEPS meetings are structured yet informal, providing solid parent education while encouraging new families to learn from each other, share experiences and ask frank questions.
- Beyond family and friends. PEPS is a welcoming community offering timely support and information when new moms and dads are eager to find local parenting resources. Even parents with a strong local family network find PEPS adds valuable support.
- Accessible to all. Financial assistance is available to ensure that every family has the opportunity to participate in a PEPS parent support group.
- PEPS is fun! Exchanging stories, laughing and learning with other new dads and moms is often the highlight of a parent’s week. Families look forward to connecting, getting out with their babies and making new friends.